IoT Enabled Digital Transformation in Automotive
TVS group leverages IoT to connect a complex and heterogeneous assembly
line and gain deep insights into multiple aspects of their manufacturing process.
TVS Motor Company is a public listed company headquartered in India. TVS Motor Company is a reputed two and three-wheeler manufacturer, and the flagship company of the USD 8.5 billion TVS Group. The only two-wheeler company to have received the prestigious Deming Prize, it’s the third largest two-wheeler manufacturer in India and also ranked in the top 10 globally. The company has an excellent track record with innovation and quality and is the market leader in customer service.
TVS wished to drive IoT-enabled digital transformation by connecting machines on the assembly line. The idea was to integrate machine data with related information from other IT systems on the shop floor to build a manufacturing data lake. Analysis of this data would bring visibility and predictability into its manufacturing value chain. There were several critical aspects that the implementation needed to address.
- A brownfield solution that would integrate with a fully-functional line and existing IT systems
- Support heterogeneous machines with a variety of connectivity protocols
- Provide extreme accuracy and reliability as the system would be used as point of reference
- Support a set flexible, multivariate analysis techniques that suit a range of complex processes
The complete Datonis suite was deployed at TVS with custom integrations and custom analytics and reports. The solution deployed was a hybrid in nature with Datonis Edge deployed in a fail-safe configuration inside the customer’s network. Altizon’s IoT platform and Datonis Digital Factory were deployed on the cloud.
- Datonis Edge: It is a distributed computing platform that allows Industrial IoT data to be processed closer to the edge of the network.
- IoT: It makes for the repository for storing and processing all machine and manufacturing data, and is the data lake for the implementation.
- Datonis Digital Factory: This unified digital manufacturing platform is powered by IoT and comes with out-of-the box apps for monitoring, measuring, analyzing and predicting outcomes using AI.
Get an insight into parameters that impact
line productivity, such as line
rates, loss and quality analysis at
Trace a product through its manufacturing life cycle, and derive insights around critical quality, condition and production
data at every stage.
Perform root cause analysis of parameters that govern product quality using statistical techniques. Correlate this with machine condition.
Machine Condition Monitoring
Monitor and analyze parameters that are critical to machine health. Optimize machine downtime by predicting failure before it occurs.
Analyze energy and other consumables that are part of the production process and discover ways to optimize
Maintain a digital trace of operator performance. Enable the identification of a skill matrix and identify any exceptions that could impact product quality.
What Our Customers Say
“Jupiter is the key product of TVS Motors, so running the vehicle assembly line with both efficiency and effectiveness is of high importance to fulfill customer requirements. Altizon was able to take up all the challenges and was able to deliver targeted results. KPIs that saw improvement were OEE, MTTR and utilization due to improved visibility and subsequent actions. The solution was designed and built in such a way that it can be horizontally deployed with minimum modifications in other vehicle assembly lines in all locations.”
Mr. Vijay SK
General Manager – TVS Motor Company
Explore Other Case Studies
SRF uses the power of Datonis IoT to drive improvements in Quality
JK Tyre Achieves Continuous Process Quality Optimization With Datonis
Spectra Symbol Optimizes the Performance of Remote Oil Wells Using Datonis