IoT Enabled Remote Asset Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance
Spectra Symbol uses the power of IoT to connect and analyze the performance of stripper
wells and to help extend their useful life with the power of analytics.
Spectra Symbol is a leading U.S. based sensor manufacturer, specifically focused on linear sensors and potentiometers, which are smaller and lighter than those of other linear potentiometer manufacturers. Their sensors streamline and optimize the daily processes of customers across a wide range of industries including medical, automotive, aerospace and industrial operations.
A stripper well or marginal well is an oil or gas well that is nearing the end of its economically useful life. In the U.S., oil wells are generally classified as stripper wells when they produce 10 to 15 barrels per day or less for any 12-month period. These wells account for approximately 18% of the U.S. production. The key ask was to design a solution that would connect these wells often located in remote locations and collect information about their performance and operating conditions. Here’s what the implementation was aimed to achieve:
- A robust wireless sensor based hardware, i.e., plug and play sensors with minimal installation overhead
- Extreme reliability in delivering data as the installation would be at remote locations with unreliable networks
- High level of accuracy and availability by the software platform as the system would be used as point of reference
- A highly customized application for data visualization and analytics with an open API that allows easy integration of third party systems
Altizon’s Datonis suite was deployed alongside Spectra Symbol’s proprietary sensors. Datonis Edge was was embedded in Spectra Symbol’s hardware communication gateway. This hardware was deployed at each site. Altizon’s IoT platform and a custom business application was deployed on the cloud. The IoT platform’s API was leveraged to integrate with all dependent systems.
- Datonis Edge: It is a distributed computing platform that allows Industrial IoT data to be processed closer to the edge of the network.
- IoT: It makes for the repository for storing and processing all machine and manufacturing data, and is the data lake for the implementation.
- Datonis Digital Factory: This unified digital manufacturing platform is powered by IoT and comes with out-of-the box apps for monitoring, measuring, analyzing and predicting outcomes using AI.
Get an insight into parameters that impact line productivity, such as line rates, loss and quality analysis at multiple levels.
Machine Condition Monitoring
Monitor and analyze parameters that are critical to machine health. Optimize machine downtime by predicting failure before it occurs.
Manufacturing Data Lake
It is an open data platform that acts as a repository for all critical processes, to easily integrate IT systems with process data.
The platform is fully integrated with single-sign-on into the customer’s application suite providing seamless access.
“Altizon brings great domain expertise in manufacturing & big data.
They are extremely fast & agile, and reasonable in their pricing. This partnership is one of the better decisions we have made.”
Director of IoT – Spectra Symbol
Explore Other Case Studies
SRF uses the power of Datonis IoT to drive improvements in quality
JK Tyres uses Datonis IoT to drive IoT enabled digital transformation
GLOBAL CPG LEADER IMPROVES PACKAGING LINE EFFICIENCY BY 8% USING DATONIS