IoT Enabled Digital Transformation in CPG
Global CPG major correlates data across 10 plants across multiple geographies using the power of IoT to improve production line efficiency by over 8%.
A leading global multinational in the CPG space, the company specializes in a wide range of consumer products sold across the world. The product focus areas include personal health, hygiene and personal care products. The company has manufacturing facilities across the globe.
The company operates several warehouses, usually close to the last distribution point of the product. Products in various categories are packaged in specific delivery or display cartons at these facilities. As most CPG businesses consist of high volume with low margins, optimizing every operation and effectively utilizing resources help. The key problem at these warehouses is the lack of visibility into reasons for machine breakdowns or idle time, thereby resulting in delay in delivery. The customer wished to implement real-time line monitoring and an alert system to gain control over downtime and implement improvement measures. Here’s what the implementation was aimed at:
- A complex, wireless sensor-based tracking of line performance, along with plug and play sensors and hardware with minimal installation overhead
- A cloud-based, multi-tenant hosted platform as the single data repository for plant data across the globe
- Extreme accuracy and reliability as the system would be used as point of reference
- A highly customized application for business KPIs along with an open platform that provides the ability to easily integrate with IT systems
Parts of Altizon’s Datonis suite were deployed. Wireless sensors and a hardware communication gateway with Datonis Edge embedded in it were deployed inside the customer’s network. Altizon’s IoT platform and a custom business application were deployed on the cloud. The IoT platform’s API was leveraged to integrate with all dependent systems including ERP.
- Datonis Edge: It is a distributed computing platform that allows Industrial IoT data to be processed closer to the edge of the network.
- IoT: It makes for the repository for storing and processing all machine and manufacturing data, and is the data lake for the implementation.
- Datonis Digital Factory: This unified digital manufacturing platform is powered by IoT and comes with out-of-the box apps for monitoring, measuring, analyzing and predicting outcomes using AI.
Get an insight into parameters that impact
line productivity, such as line
rates, loss and quality analysis at
Machine Condition Monitoring
Monitor and analyze parameters that are critical to machine health. Optimize machine downtime by predicting failure before it occurs.
Manufacturing Data Lake
It is an open data platform that acts as a repository for all critical processes, to easily integrate IT systems with process data.
Analyze energy and other consumables that are part of the production process and discover ways to optimize their
Plug and Play
Deploy and scale the hardware installation and the platform rapidly across geographies with zero downtime and minimal configuration.
The platform is fully integrated with single-sign-on into the customer’s application suite providing seamless access.
What Our Customers Say
“Altizon’s Datonis is widely recognized and recommended by leading industry analyst firms, and is a massively scalable platform with support for device management, big-data analytics and machine learning with end-to-end security.”
President – Cross Company ISG
Explore Other Case Studies
SRF uses the power of Datonis IoT to drive improvements in Quality
JK TYRE ACHIEVES CONTINUOUS PROCESS QUALITY OPTIMIZATION WITH DATONIS
SPECTRA SYMBOL OPTIMIZES THE PERFORMANCE OF REMOTE OIL WELLS USING DATONIS